I would like to let you know that after discussing the idea with a few friends, I wish to take up voluntarily the role of Hong Kong Contact ( 香港聯絡員 ) for overseas members of this mailing list. Here is my thinking about the arrangement:
Organise and provide opportunities for overseas members to meet and know HK members when they visit HK, and also for members (overseas and HK alike) from all years to know and meet each other
I will be happy to do the following things:
· Organise Dinner Gatherings ( 組織飯聚 ): A dinner (or lunch) gathering will be organised when an overseas member visits HK, if he/she so requests. All members are welcome to join. The meal cost will be shared.
· Organise Walks ( 組織漫步 ): A walk will be organised when an overseas member visits HK, if he/she so requests. All members are welcome to join. I know a few leisurely walks ideal for chatting while walking. They are flat and wide reservoir or catchwater roads, and their starting points can be easily reached by public transportation and have carparks nearby.
· Arrange Mobile Phone SIM Card ( 安排手提電話 SIM 卡 ): The mobile phone is a handy piece of equipment for keeping in touch with friends. I can arrange a SIM card for overseas members when they visit HK. The tariffs are pretty low (Five to 12 cents per minute for local calls), and you pay for the exact number of minutes used. I can even post it to you before you fly so that you can call people as soon as you arrive HK.
You can ask me to do any or all of the above three things as you like.
I need your help in performing my role and here are what you can do:
· Give Advance Notice: For overseas members, if possible, please let me know as soon as you have a plan or intention to visit HK. You do not need to specify the exact dates until you have confirmed your itinerary at a later stage.
· Have an Embracing Heart: For overseas and HK members alike, please get yourselves ready to meet “new” and old friends. But of course you know even the “new” friends are not new at all, as everyone of us has the same common experiences and values inherited from the old days.
This self-appointment will be valid for the year of 2008, from 1 January to 31 December.
Taking the opportunity, may I wish you all a healthy and prosperous new year.